This year, I’m not doing a “22 in 22” list. I never complete them. It’s demoralizing. I don’t know on January 1st what I’m wanting to focus on in March, let alone December!
Instead of a list, I’m picking a word: why.
Why am I doing what I’m doing?
Why am I making this choice?
Why am I feeling this way?
Why is this my reaction?
This gives me the flexibility that I need as things ebb and flow throughout the year. It also enables my style of progressive goals. I function better when I’m meeting a bunch of small goals that wind their way to my big goals. Kind of like a video game with lots of mini-bosses.
Some things that are priority:
- Work. I need to work on what direction I want my career to take.
- Budgeting. I’m very impulsive and don’t always plan well. I’m already planning budgets for BMX, fishing, boating, etc.
- Kayak fishing. Following along with above, I’ve already picked some set tournaments to do! I’m extremely excited to get back on the water.
- Making some damn music again. Already started on this, but I figure I’m already 30 years in so I might as well keep going.
- Boundaries and limits. I’ve got to say no sometimes and not put energy in where it doesn’t come back.
This is probably going to come off as some mid-life crisis level rambling … but that’s where I am and probably where I should be right now.