A dishwasher replacement should be pretty straight forward. They’re the same size, they need the same things, from the outside all looks pretty standard.
I should know by now that nothing in this house is standard.
Getting the old one out was hang up number one. The tile flooring was put in after the dishwasher. And it was put in so good, that there was grout on the dishwasher. I guess the previous owners assumed that dishwasher would last forever.
Since I had to demolish some floor to make the new range fit, I just grabbed a hammer and a pry bar and went to town.
Step one was to get the water line and drain installed so I could get the water turned back on. I don’t know why I thought that would just work … but it didn’t the old one had a hard line that ran up to the front and connected to a 90 degree fitting with a compression fitting. My thought was to just replace the compression fitting on the 1/4″ line with a male connector and then run the new flexible hose from that.
As far as I can tell, that doesn’t exist.
I ended up getting a valve (probably a good idea anyway) and getting the compression fitting to seal to that, and then running the flexible hose to the dishwasher.
The electrical was pretty simple. The old one was hardwired. I ran the romex back through, relocated it and put in a box with an outlet.
Now, all that’s left is every thing else!